Sunday, April 24, 2011

When I needed him the most...

I went to bed last night feeling so lost and alone in my life. I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone and I was even bitter at the fact that I am feeling so unhappy. When I woke up this morning nothing had changed for me. I didn't want to be here and just wanted to drive away from everything and be alone, but instead I went to church, which I haven't done in about two months. I prayed at the beginning of church and asked God to touch my heart in the service today. I told him that I need him now more than ever in my life.


So, as the service went on I waited for the moment that God would answer my prayers. I have always had faith in the Lord, but sadly lately I haven't been turning to him and I have begun to really lose the faith I've always had. I've been able to help others turn to the Lord, but when it came to me, I stopped and felt angry. I started losing that faith again today at church...until the last fifteen minutes. Something happened where God took a hold of my hands and told me he was there. The testimonies that were presented simply on signs at church today took a hold of me and I found myself in tears. I finally felt like I was going to be okay and that the trials I have been facing would come together and I would triumph with God lifting me up. I finally didn't feel alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment