Friday, January 14, 2011

Raining Emotions...

I think there are things in a woman's life that she is intentionally left out of because if she/we knew about some of those things we would probably never be a part of many things. For instance, in being pregnant I have found in the last two weeks I have been walking without an umbrella through raining emotions. Now, I am not ignorant and knew that with pregnancy you would become hormonal and emotional at times, but no one really explained how emotional I would become. I feel like I'm losing sense of myself because I can't control how I'm feeling, I get angry, hurt, defensive even at times that I should just ignore things. One good moment can turn into a bad one with the snap of my fingers and the worst part is that while I am aware of how I am acting, there's nothing I can do about it.
On top of the emotions, I also have to suffer through forgetting things and therefore feeling completely unorganized. So, for those of you who don't know me, I am a person who is type A organized, uses lists, planners, alarms you name it to keep me organized or I don't feel like I am together which inevitably stresses me out of I feel unorganized. In the last month, the feeling of "out of control" has been very prevalent and doesn't seem to be getting any better. On top of that, I feel like it has also caused me to have vulnerability with people that are around me.
Dealing with these issues, I really feel like woman would probably protect themselves a little better. Or we would definitely be researching ways to have men experience the same life experiences that we do. In that case, it may even make them a little more understanding of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment