I have found in my life that many people have entered and left my path. Some have been people who have scarred me and others have been people that I have outgrown, or rather, they have outgrown me as well. Some of it has been very painful for me. I found that I had more faith in people than they found in me, I trusted even when I shouldn't have....I believed in the overall good of people. In dealing with the ones that hurt me, I found that people that I respected always told me to guard myself more and not put so much faith in people. I tried that approach, but even today, in so many ways, I am still the girl that does believe in the good in people. Is that so wrong? I feel like it is the right approach. Have people betrayed me, abandoned me and hurt me? Yes. Yet, in the same thought I can say that I'm okay with it because it defines me. It enables me to become the individual I strive to become every day.
At 26 years old, I find myself still believing in many of the same things I did as a 16 year old girl. I believe that people can be trusted, guided and in my naive mind....I think people can be saved and change. I believe in all of this and have therefore become that person that others know will always be there. I have found that some take advantage of it, but I also thinks it's the right thing for me not to change that about myself. What would happen if I did change? Would the people who did need me not have anyone? Would I abandon someone who already felt alone? These are questions I don't think anyone should have to wonder about. So, in life, my life, and others lives, I have become the person that will always care, always want to help...and simply always love those around me. I think that it makes me the person God intended me to be. I feel this when I help people, when I get excited that I have made a new friend, when I have been someone to someone else in need. I believe this is how I serve my purpose...that purpose that I have been asking God about...what is my purpose? It's simply and undeniably to be nothing less than me...
No comments:
Post a Comment