Wednesday, January 12, 2011
The News without Bryant...
I guess it's that time to actually put it in writing that Bryant and I are expecting a baby. It is news that him and I are overly excited about have been hoping for since June. As of today, I am 11 weeks and 3 days. Monday was my first ultrasound and I was able to experience such an amazing event. Watching the baby move, hearing the heartbeat, and seeing a life that my husband I made from our love for one another was surreal and miraculous as anything that has ever occurred in my life. However, in that same moment I couldn't help but be sad. The longer that I am a military spouse the more I learn about the hardships and unfairness that this life is engulfed in. My first parent experience I had to experience alone because Bryant is gone at war. It was a moment that I always imagined him holding my hand for and crying with me (or in his case me hoping he would be crying with me:)). I have always imagined that this moment would be one my husband and I would experience together, but it was the exact opposite. Him seeing the pictures through a computer away from me, and watching a recording of the ultrasound in his bunk. Tonight as I expressed how much I missed him and wanted him here he encouraged me that he would be home soon and that this is only making me stronger. I can't help but want to say, I am stronger already. I'm surviving a life that I've built with you alone right now...I don't want to be made any stronger, but I know that he is right. I know that everything he says is something I have to tell myself, but I also know that I want him to be next to me in every moment of this pregnancy. Unfortunately, life as a military spouse is not that easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment