Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Jenny...


I've had a person who has been in my life since my very first memory as a child. She is someone who has been there in the many low times and has helped create the many high times. Growing up, I always thought our relationship was normal; everyone has a best friend right? As I have gotten older though, I have found that my naiveness kept me from realizing how truly lucky I am. I don't have just a best friend, I have another lifelong sister. Jenny has been the friend of all friends for about 26 years. In my weakest moments she has reminded me of my strength, she has held my hand, and she has cried with me. Yet, in my happiest memories I have Jenny by my side. She laughed with me, slid down stairs with a sleeping bag or mattress, had picnics in our front yards, slept on her trampoline and so much more. As we grew older we shared deeper things like lost first loves, high school graduation, becoming adults, graduating college, getting married and now, me becoming a mom. It has been a life of such an amazing friendship full of support and love. Unfortunately for others in my life, they are often been compared to Jenny. I have found that most fall so very short of being as wonderful as she is and how real of a friend she is also. When people hurt me I always find myself saying "Jenny wouldn't do that to me". When problems or fights arise I think about how Jenny and I have not had one argument. It all seems so unreal...so impossible. Yet, it is through that same thought that I have found how truly unique our friendship is and how unbelievably blessed I am. Jenny is my best friend, my sister....in short she's my Jenny. I hurt for people who don't have the type of relationship I have with Jenny because I know how impactful it is on my life. So, for those of you who don't know her...Jenny is not just another girls best friend. She is compassionate, giving, humorous, intelligent, determined, strong, loving and really what many should thrive to be like. She is a rare person to be around and have in your life and I am truly blessed to be her best friend and simply...I love her for everything she is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment