Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A long lost blog from January 2013

I am a worker; I always have been. My life since I could get a job has been a busy one, whether it is me working more than one job, or in my more recent years working one and coaching, I have constantly been on the go. Once November came however, things slowed down a bit. With my new move, I stepped down from coaching at the end of high school season and became nothing more than a spectator during club season. This was just one step to the place I am in now: unemployed and a stay at home mom. I have to admit it is not what I thought it would be. While I plan on finding work soon, I have found that I have truly enjoyed simply being a mom. In the last three months, while my worklife has slowed down draramtically, mommy world has continued to move at its fast rate, but Leilani has also continued to develop a fun and energetic persona. Moments that make me love her more have been her way of babbling and pointing at me, running back and forth from Bryant to me just to see what we are doing,  her new obsession of playing games on my ipad (especially how she lays on her stomach and kicks her feet while playing), or even how she will just cuddle up next to me because she sees me under a blankie too. All of these moments I've been able to to simply enjoy. While being without a job has been a stress factor, I can't say that I haven't enjoyed time with Leilani.

No comments:

Post a Comment