It has come: the 2014-2015 school year. It amazes me that I will be starting my ninth year teaching on Wednesday. I have found that I still passionately love it and try to save every kid that walks into my classroom door. Cliche' right? The teacher who believes in everyone and wants to change the world. People claim I will grow out of this mindset and that I am young, but I cannot help but feel like it is what defines me as a teacher. Aside from being a mom, wife and military spouse, being a teacher is my drive and passion in life. In my core I know this is who I am because even now I still become overly excited about meeting my new students, about making new changes and becoming a better person myself because of what my new batch of students will teach me.
In addition to starting my ninth year, I am taking on yet another role this year: Head Men's Volleyball Coach. I can't be more excited about this new journey and yet timid at the same time. Luckily, I have a great group of young men, but the new challenge also leads me to doubting my own strengths. Those who know me, know this is not a new trait. I always doubt my abilities in anything I do. So, I will just continue to pray that I am what this program needs and that I can accomplish the goals God has set forth for me. In the meantime, I will focus on girls season and my new year in the classroom.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment