I know it has been almost a year since my last posting, and go figure it's now that summer has started, but more specifically it's a day that's rainy and Leilani is asleep. Those of you who are teachers can appreciate this fact. Life doesn't really exist during the school year aside from grading, lesson planning or now our miserable evaluation issue. I read over my last post about the working mom and laughed at how I finally had time for myself. I've found since then, that concept has yet to exist. I found myself counting the days to summer this year....something I have never done. It has been a hard year, but hard because of how different my life has been.
Since my last post, I've done exactly what I said I would. I've made time to be a major part of Leilani's life. I've put aside things that I used to think we're important and found that everything I am involved in: supporting our basketball team, coaching travel volleyball, helping those around me with whatever it is they may need, are things that Leilani can also be a part of. Where I am, she is. Some tease and call me super mom, but I've found that the term is far from what I am. While I love my relationship with Leilani, I've found that it exhausts me ona daily basis. The time I need to work out has become very minimal, sleeping in is nonexistent, and even having the time to sit here and just write is a rare gift. Last night I found myself wondering...how do those women who are fit and refreshed do it all...how do they have time to feel beautiful and be a mom?
I have to admit I've gotten better recently. Bryant and I have a made a point to have one date night a month, I have dedicated my evenings before bedtime to completing my newest goal: reading the entire bible, and I've found a way to be a great teacher and mom at the same time. Some days have been harder than others, but I'm finding some type of median...slowly...
No comments:
Post a Comment